02 May ELC Staff Counsel Posting – Edmonton AB
The Environmental Law Centre is seeking a lawyer with 3+ years of experience to fill a term position as Staff Counsel in our Edmonton office. Our activities focus on law reform, research and public legal education in areas of environmental and natural resources law.
Staff Counsel are involved primarily in delivery of our public programs, including environmental law research and writing, participation in law reform initiatives and creating and delivering education materials. They are also expected to participate in program development, grant applications and reporting, and fundraising support. Past experience in environmental law, administrative and regulatory law will be an asset. Knowledge and interest in environmental matters are also an asset. Salary and benefits will be competitive within the charitable sector.
Applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- Membership (active practice status) or eligibility for such membership in the Law Society of Alberta;
- Practical experience in environmental law and issues;
- Legal practice experience;
- Strong research, writing, and communication skills;
- Public interest orientation;
- Self-motivated and self-directed;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to work with a diverse range of stakeholders.
Applicants should provide an application package, consisting of a covering letter, resume, references and two writing samples to:
Environmental Law Centre
Attention: Jason Unger, Executive Director
All documents must be in PDF format and include the applicant’s surname in the document name. We will provide e-mail confirmation of receipt of application packages, but only those applicants invited to interview will be contacted further.
CLOSING DATE: Position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found
For further information about the Environmental Law Centre, see our website at www.elc.ab.ca. No telephone or e-mail inquiries will be accepted.Share this: