12 Apr Announcing the ELC’s Upcoming Webinar Series
The Environmental Law Centre is pleased to announce a new webinar series.
The webinars are based on current areas of focus at the ELC and seek to address how laws and regulations can contribute to managing environmental impacts on habitat, water or air.
Topics for the 2018 webinars include:
- Habitat series: When we talk about Alberta’s biodiversity and species at risk we need to talk habitat. The regulatory structure and options for habitat management will be explored in three webinars, including:
- State of law
- Jurisdictional scan and opportunities
- Legal barriers to habitat protection
- Climate series: When we talk about mitigation of greenhouse gases and adaptation to a changing climate there are a large suite of legal issues that might arise. These webinars will focus on regulatory effectiveness, legal risks and opportunities in mitigation and adaptation measures, and how our laws may need to respond to the changing environment. Webinar topics include:
- Privacy rights and energy consumption data
- Mitigation and Adaptation – legal risks and opportunities
- Adaptation and water law
- Environmental Rights webinar: Environmental rights are part of the toolbox for environmental protection. This webinar will set out the need and the approach taken in the ELC’s draft Environmental Bill of Rights.
- Polluter Pays and the law series: A central principle of effective environmental law, the polluter pays principle is focused at maintaining environmental accountability for those who pollute. Webinar topics include:
- Polluter Pays in Alberta
- Insolvency and the environment
We will announce through this blog and e-mail the upcoming dates and details about each webinar, along with a link to register for each. Be sure to subscribe for notifications (see subscribe box on the right-hand side of this page).
ABOUT THE ENVIRONMENTAL LAW CENTRE:
The Environmental Law Centre (ELC) has been seeking strong and effective environmental laws since it was founded in 1982. The ELC is dedicated to providing credible, comprehensive and objective legal information regarding natural resources, energy and environmental law, policy and regulation in Alberta. The ELC’s mission is to educate and champion for strong laws and rights so all Albertans can enjoy clean water, clean air and a healthy environment. Our vision is a society where laws secure an environment that sustains current and future generations.
As a charity, the Environmental Law Centre depends on your financial support. Help us to continue to educate and champion for strong environmental laws, through tools such as our blog and all of our other resources, so that all Albertans can enjoy a healthy environment. Your support makes a difference.
Donate online today